The first post of the new year, is finishing off the damaged houses for down town Asmara, final touches have included adding some signs and posters from the great selection available at the Rapid Fire website page 4 of the site has a good selection. Adding some smoke and blast damage. Also plastering over the joins between the sheets of foam-board which were still visible and re-painting where needed.
Christmas brought a nice crop of wargaming related offerings, a box of Perry mounted men at arms, giving me the full medieval set now. Some skytrex 1/144th WW1 aircraft for my 10mm early war project.
So onto the traditional setting of objectives for the year, which will inevitably fall by the way side of real life and the "SQUIRAL" like attention span of yours truly.
1) WW1 early on 1914, 10mm scale Pendraken figures, GHQ card buildings for the terrain, with some scratch building, canal, slag heaps, flooding. This terrain to double up for WW2 blitz period and Sea lion UK also in 10mm scale. (this one has been on the list for at least the last 3 years, with a very small amount of progress)
2) More of the same for my 15mm scale North/East African town for early WW2/Modern set ups
3) In a larger scale, 28mm scale Spanish/Italian village for Napoleonic/WW2 skirmish gaming
4) 15mm Vietnam Fire base/SF camp.
5) More explosion markers of various types
6) 2mm Battle in a cigar box, with rules based on Bob Cordery's Portable wargames rules
That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure other things will crop up as the year goes on. Hope you all got what you were hoping for at Christmas and that 2013 will bring you and yours health and good fortune. All the best for now.