Progress on the Battle in a Box terrain, I marked out in white china-graph pencil the grid lines and also the road network. Then it was a simple process of painting PVA glue onto a selection of squares, to add some variety to the surface, I have used tea leaves on some of the squares and on a couple of these I have scraped the tea leaves into rows while the PVA was still wet. Hopefully creating a cultivated appearance of vin-yards. On the slopes of the hills I have used some small gravel to show broken ground. In the top photograph you can make out small mounds of stones positioned to mark the centre of 4 grid squares that are otherwise blank.