Sunday 17 March 2013

Finished slag heaps



I've finished painting and flocking the 3 slag heaps and the coal bunkers. The slag heaps have a grey finish to them, and the coal in the bunkers is a darker grey to black. Not very obvious from the rubbish pictures I'm afraid. So this part of my WW1 terrain is finished, as with all my terrain I try to make it multi period friendly. The coal bunkers will work well in my 15mm scale north/east African port, as coal bunkers for shipping.

The next stage will be to build some suitable buildings for the colliery, I've already earmarked a couple of 25mm scale waggon wheels that will work well for the winding house. Also found some more great free card building. But more on this next time.

TTFN

Airhead

1 comment:

Sidney Roundwood said...

These turned out terrifically well. I really like them. Now all you need are rules for troops on top of the slag heaps and coal-stacks and sliding down and falling off.....

:)