Friday 26 February 2021

Scatter terrain items in 28mm

I always aim to create some smaller items for my terrain projects which help to bring the table to life. I have always tried to to look at this aspect of table design from the viewpoint of set dressing in the film industry. Not the focus of the terrain, like the building, but the things between and around them which give  life to the environment.


 First up a pumpkin stem, used as a large tree stump, I think I saw this idea on Tony Harwood’s blog, Dampf’s modelling page, a great blog you should check it out.


A roadside shrine, totally made up, involving no research at all. An old Roman 28mm scale figure from the bits box and poly board and egg box for the stonework and slabs.


The village pump, inspired by a painting from the Franco Prussian war by Edouard derailleur. I’ve made it  smaller than the one in the painting, my water trough is in better shape as well.


Last, some Gabions which I’ve had for well over 10 years, and finally they are finished 



Lastly a group picture showing some of the items together.


That’s all for now stay safe, best regards Airhead 


3 comments:

Phil said...

Wonderful terrain work, great details, they'll add a lot on your future tables!

Alan M said...

Very nice, the village pump is a particularly nice piece.

Paul said...

A very neat selection of scatter terrain.