Tuesday 23 April 2013

Fire base Buddha




Progress on Fire Base Buddha, I sketched out the outline of the base on a piece of white card. With the sleeping Buddha positioned in the middle, I've done minimal research into Fire bases, just a quick search on google images and a look at the cover of the Osprey book on Special Forces camps, and what I remember of watching the Green Berets, in-fact thinking about the title of this post, it should be Camp Buddha really, ho hum.

I've done the cheap purchase, getting the Buddha for 99p. The next purchase come in a bit more expensive, £270 for some really bad ass polystyrene, it did however come rapped around a new Bosch dish washer.

But back to the polystyrene, it is very very dense and can be carved with a sharp blade. Great stuff for building terrain with, some of the polystyrene was just the right shape to use as the walls and the was lots left over for the bunkers and the central rock outcrop which the buddha will sit on.

Right off to get some free coffee sticks from the local coffee shops.

TTFN

Airhead

4 comments:

Scottswargaming said...

Very interesting concept

Sidney Roundwood said...

I read the "£270 for polystyrene" and gasped! And then the dishwasher....LOL. Very funny! I like the way you're going with this - I think it's going to be another piece of great terrain!

airhead said...

Hi chaps thanks for the comments, lots of sand bag making on the horizon.

Best Regards

Airhead

Cincinnatus said...

This is shaping up to be an incredible piece of terrain! Can't wait to see it in stages. I used to make sandbags for my 54mm WWII vehicles out of craft clay with burlap pressed on to it to create a cloth look-then baked in the toaster oven. What is your method?