Tuesday 16 June 2009

Shell Holes


15mm Scale shell holes made from silver foil pie cases, (Mr Kippling style, UK pie brand) hot glued onto an art board base cut to a 3 CD size base. Used to represent Naval bombardment or Vietnam Arch light type air raids. Not 100% happy with the results achieved. The edges of the holes have quite a jagged angular look to them. To my mind the edges should be more circular and softer in appearance. I might re-visit these at a later date. I'm sure that with the addition of some filler I could soften them off, and achieve a better effect. Double click on picture for bigger version

2 comments:

J Womack, Esq. said...

I think they look brilliant! Wouldn't change a thing about them, if it were me.

-J
hedoeni

Mark said...

Orbital Bombardment!!!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers
Mark