Thursday 29 October 2020

South European village - Damaged house 1

Damaged house 1 from my 28mm scale generic south European village. I wanted to have at least a couple of damaged if not totally flattened houses amongst the half dozen houses making up the village. One thing I like to see in other people’s terrain is building which when modelled in a damaged state don’t look as though some one has been round and swept most of the rubble, smashed beams and roof tiles away! 

To try and represent a realistically damaged house the first thing I do is build the whole house without any damage. Making it easy to get the right amount of rubble to go with the house. With damaged houses I always paint the insides to represent wallpaper on the walls, I keep it simple and use marker pens to add simple stripes or designs.



Next time I’ll post some more WIP pictures showing my process of disassembling the house and adding texture and rubble. Stay safe Airhead




2 comments:

Alan M said...

Interesting to see the construction process. Sensible to use the same parts you cut off to make the rubble - I like the 'modular' rubble on the base, I was pondering trying something similar to details some resign buildings.

Phil said...

Very nice job, looks superb and real!